- Sunday: Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
- This was so yummy and our guests had heard how yummy it was so they requested it for dinner. OH darn - 2x in a week....
- Monday: Pancakes/Waffles (we need to fill up Andrew's breakfast stash)
- Tuesday: Queso Fresco Beef Rolls with Chipotle Salsa
- We made this a little different. We didn't do the salsa....We liked it. I don't like tomatoes - SORRY!
- Wednesday: Pizza (crust from Trader Joes) - cook crust on pizza stone at 500 degrees for 5 - 6 minutes without any toppings. Then pull it out and flip the crust over and add fully cooked toppings. Cook till cheese is melted at lease another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Thursday: Sundried Tomato and basil Chicken Sausage (from Trader Joes) Pasta
- Friday: Green Chili Burgers - always yummy. Sorry, I cant tell you how to make it; we just dumped ingredients in and cooked. Though, I will give you a bonus recipe - French Bread. I made this & cleaned up in 45 minutes. This does exclude the rise time (30 minutes) and baking time (25 minutes). I made this into 1 loaf & 4 rolls. Next time I will cut the rolls smaller in order to get 6. This was so good and so easy!!!
- Saturday: we had fried egg sandwiches
Sunday, May 27, 2012
I hope this post finds you well at the end of another week...
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Welcome to another week! I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day! My Boys took care of me very well!
- Sunday: DH made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Then he made me pork chops and carrot risotto. Then topped Mother's Day off with a chocolate flourless chocolate cake!
- Monday: Burger and Brocolli slaw
- Tuesday: LM requested to go to Chuys for dinner...it was yummy!
- Wednesday: Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
- this is so YUMMY delicious....it was also very easy! We didn't put as much butter in as the recipe calls for, but I will have to say it brings a silkiness to the pasta dish. Great way to have a healthy pasta meal without the tomato sauce! I'll be adding this to our favorites page. This would be one of those dishes to pull out of your back pocket when you have company coming over for dinner. You could have chicken, steak or fish with this or a no meat meal! They will think you are a superstar in the kitchen!
- Thursday: None of us were very hungry so we had appetizers later in the evening...
- Friday: Breakfast Enchiladas
- So, as usual I'm modifying a recipe....DH doesn't like ham, so I used sausage...I also didn't buy hasbrowns, I just threw a potato into the food processor and wam bam thank you mam I have hashbrowns! WOW, that was so hard....
- Saturday: Went to dinner at Shack in the Back with Mimi and Big Popop
- Always a yummy treat...the meat is smoked for 14 hours and the sides are homemade. The ribs fell off the bone. The service is over the top even though they were very busy! They were telling people it could be upwards of 45 wait for the food, but it sure wasn't. They had a band there and it was very full, thankfully a nice couple allowed us to take over their table.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Sunday, May 13, 2012
This week I'm cleaning out the freezer...So, we shall see what I can create!
- Sunday: Ravioli and salad
- Monday: Our house guest took us out to dinner....she is so sweet!
- Tuesday: Burgers and fries
- Wednesday: Spicy Chorizo Pockets
- These are a family favorite! I made this time with croissant rolls and it worked SO much better!
- Thursday: Went to dinner. We had a groupon for Mazarella's. It was ok, but my goodnesss it was dirty in there...We wont be returning!
- Friday: We took a coworker of DH's home and LM wanted McDonald's for dinner. So, we conceded and ate it in the car...
- Saturday: DH made Pizza
- Sunday: Spicy Thai Noodles with Rotisserie Chicken
- Since there is only 2 of us eating this meal, I scaled down the sauce to 1 T red pepper flakes, 1 T of sesame oil, 1 1/2 T vegetable oil, 1 T honey & 1 T soy sauce. I would recommend doubling my recipe for 2 people. This was very yummy! We really enjoyed it! You could add meat and vegis to it also. This is definitely a winner in our book it was yummy, fast & easy!!
- Monday: Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- These were very yummy! I did 1/2 the recipe since there is only 2 of us that would eat this. Though DH did say he would like more jalapenos. I paired this with roasted asparagus and rice with broccoli and cheese.
- Tuesday: Burger and Broccoli Slaw
- Wednesday: We went out to dinner to see some of the hats from the Oaks festivities.
- Thursday: Pork Chops with noodles and roasted asparagus
- Friday: Sweet Corn Pasta
- This was good...messy to make because of the removing the corn from the cob. It was good cold too!
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Waffles - We have found the perfect waffle recipe. It is crispy when you first make them and they are crispy when you reheat (after being frozen) in the toaster oven.