Suggestions: Mexican Rice, Black Beans, Refried Beans, Salad, Corn Casserole
Source: Feels Like Home Blog
- 1 can Enchilada sauce
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) of shredded chicken or 1.5 pounds of boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 6 ounces of shredded cheese (colby jack, cheddar, combo)
- 8 tortillas
- Whisk the BBQ sauce into the enchilada sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a separate pan, saute the onion for 7 to 10 minutes or until it is soft. Add the shredded chicken and spices to the onion. Mix well. Add ½ cup of the enchilada sauce and ½ of the shredded cheese to the chicken mixture and stir.
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with enchilada sauce.
- Fill each tortilla with about ⅓ cup of chicken mixture, roll it up, and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled up enchiladas, and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until the cheese and sauce are bubbly.