Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What is for Dinner This Week: August 28 - September 3

Holy Macaroni, it is the last week of August & the beginning of September.  Where has this year gone?
  • Sunday: Chorizo Stuffed Red Peppers I wanted to get rid of some chorizo in my freezer & red peppers were on sale @ Kroger.  TIP:  instead of placing peppers in a pan, if they fit, place them in a cupcake pan.  Our peppers were tall & thin, so it worked perfectly!
  • Monday: 10 Minute Fettuccine with spinach salad
  • Tuesday: Latin Steak with Pan-Roasted Corn & roasted asparagus
  • Wednesday: Little Man & I went out to dinner since Big Man was at a reception for work....then LM went to Awana and I went home and read. 
  • Thursday:  Pork Fried Rice  and Pork Pot Stickers
    • I'll be leaving out the water chestnuts - I hate the sound they make, yes I know I'm a bit silly!  We didn't have these...we ended up having pancakes because that is what the little man wanted...
  • Friday: Skillet Tacos
    • I used black beans instead, we like them better!  It was YUM! 
  • Saturday: Chicken Fried Chicken with some form of potatoes, I need to get them out of my pantry before they start sprouting wings and trying to fly! 
    • this was good, but we like my other fried chicken recipe...the next time I'll try both along with soaking in buttermilk for 8 - 24 hours.... 
Enjoy your week, Be thankful for your blessings both big and small, Love your family, and don't forget to play with your food!






No comments:

Post a Comment