Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Start to finish: 45 minutes
Serving Ideas: Sauvignon Blanc, Salad, Potato Salad, Vegis, Mashed Potatoes
Internet Address: http://allrecipes.com
Cooks Note: I'm determined to get this made this week...
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounce)
- 1 egg
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- 1. In a shallow dish or bowl combine the soup, egg and seasoning salt (be careful, as soup is already salted); mix together. Dip chicken in mixture and turn to coat completely. Set aside.
- In a resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. One at a time, place chicken pieces in bag, seal and shake to coat. Add more flour and/or cornstarch as necessary, but add them in equal parts (there should be an equal amount of each in the mixture).
- Place coated chicken on a platter and allow to sit until it becomes doughy (this is critical, to ensure crispiness when fried). Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat; be sure to use enough oil to cover chicken pieces. Once chicken is doughy, test oil by dropping a piece of the 'dough' into it; the oil is ready when it starts to fry immediately.
- Fry chicken pieces in oil for about 7 to 10 minutes each.