Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Start to finish: 35 minutes
Serving Ideas: fried potatoes
Internet Address: http://www.food.com/recipe/enchilada-eggs-413849
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 8 3/4 ounces corn, drained
- 4 1/2 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 green onions, sliced, whites and greens kept separated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces baked corn tortilla chips, broken up (we use salt free)
- 7 ounces 2% mexican cheese blend
- Mix eggbeaters, corn and chiles in a large bowl till well blended.
- Heat oil in a 11 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add white part of green onions and garlic, cook stirring for 3 to 4 minutes until green onions are soft.
- Add egg mixture, stir to mix. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until egg are set on top.
- Top with enchilada sauce, tortilla chips, cheese and green part of green onions.
- Cover and cook about 1 minute or untill cheese is melted.
- Uncover and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut in wedges to serve.