Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Start to finish: 1 hour
Notes: This is a great make ahead meal for the freezer!
Internet Address: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-taco-casserole-oamc-84030
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (we'll use ground turkey)
- 1 can tomato sauce (14 1/2 ounce)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (1 1/4 ounce)
- 1 can refried beans (15 -30 ounce)
- 1 cup cheese, grated (reserve in it's own baggie)
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- Mix taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Add shredded chicken and coat it well with tomato mixture.
- Place cooked rice in the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2 or disposable baking pan.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- (You may want to flash freeze at this point before going on to the next step) Top with 1-2 cans of refried beans so you have a nice even coating.
- Freeze in the disposable pan or pop out and put in freezer bag.
- Place casserole back in the 9 X 13 X 2 pan.
- After thawing top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes at 350F or until hot all the way through and the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Top with your favorite toppings or dip with tortilla chips!