- Sunday: Spicy Chorizo Pockets
- OK....now I used the bread as the recipe indicated...DON'T DO IT! Use croissant rolls. You need 8 rectangles to make 4 pockets. It will be easier using the croissant rolls.
- These were SOOOO good! I only put the jalapenos in DH's pockets. If you don't like chorizo, you can do this with ground beef.
- Monday: Cajun Chicken Pasta
- This was very yummy!!!! I didn't put the tomatoes in it, well, because I just really don't care for the little buggers. It tasted very similar to the Cheesecake factories Cajun pasta dish I typically always get when we visit this establishment. This will DEFINITELY be a make again!
- Tuesday: Grilled Balsamic London Broil with sauteed corn and carrots
- Wednesday: Whole Chicken Crock Pot with Sweet potatoes
- Well, my chicken was dry even though it was sitting in yummy juices. I think it was because it cooked too long. A slight problem when you aren't sure what time your husband will be home from work. Our sweet potatoes were yummy. I microwaved them and then added some butter with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon & pecans. MMMM.
- Thursday: Mexican Chicken Pasta
- I cooked the whole box of pasta on Monday. I threw 1/2 of it in a ziploc bag with a little olive oil. In a pan, I heated some olive oil & onion. I threw in a can of black beans, leftover chicken from last night, corn, cilantro paste, cumin, salt & cheese and heated. It was nice & cook.
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Pork Chops with Risotto.
- DH made the risotto with leftover chicken broth from the crock pot chicken. It was YUMMY!
Holiday Dinner Ideas for Family & Friends
|It's easy to host a holiday dinner with help from Buca and their large pans to go!|
Fresh Ideas for Dinner
If you’re making plans for holidays with the family, why not mix things up a little? Instead of cooking a traditional meal, look for easy holiday recipes – you can even make some in your slow cooker. A pre-cooked turkey or ham from your local grocery store is certainly convenient. Ask family and friends to bring side dishes, and all you’ll have to do is set the table!
Buca di Beppo also has delicious offerings for your crowd. Main dishes to sides, appetizers to desserts, Buca provides food you’ll be proud to serve. Whether you’re ordering a single course or an entire feast of delectable eats, our experienced caterers are happy to give you advice and suggestions on how to please all your guests.
Have a “Progressive” Holiday Dinner
To give your holiday dinner party that personal touch, have appetizers and festive cocktails in your home, then move to a new venue for more food and fun. You can go to someone else’s home, where they’ll serve the next course, or go to a restaurant everyone enjoys – like Buca, of course! The same idea works vice versa – you can meet at a restaurant for dinner, then take the party home for dessert. Want to make it really special? Set up a cookie-making assembly line and bake a few batches. Your guests can enjoy sweet treats then take the extras home!
Decorating for Holiday Celebrations
Put everybody in the mood for festivities with a beautiful centerpiece. You can create a visual feast with framed photos of holiday parties from the past; a collection of exquisite tree ornaments; small, beautifully wrapped gifts or candles with evergreen boughs and/or a potted poinsettia. Whatever you put together, arrange it on a tray so you can easily move it from place to place and keep pine needles and water droplets off your table.
One of the nice things about going Italian for the holidays is that red and green, as colors from the Italian flag, feature prominently. Order a Celebration Cake from Buca, and everyone will see holiday red and green layers when you slice it!
Gift Your Guests
It’s the time of year when everyone delights in receiving – and giving – gifts. The most appreciated presents are those that come from the heart. Think photographs (they can double as part of your centerpiece), holiday treats (which you can make ahead of time or during the party) or tree ornaments. Gift cards also make extremely popular gifts, especially when they have a thoughtful meaning. Consider gift cards for your loved ones’ favorite restaurant. You’ll be giving them the gift of an evening out for a delicious dinner with the family in a fun, relaxing atmosphere.
Planning a holiday celebration can be so much work that some people abandon the idea altogether. Creating the menu, preparing a holiday dinner party, and making a table centerpiece sometimes seems like just too much work. This is why Buca di Beppo is the perfect place to host your holidays with the family. The ambience at Buca is always festive, and we’re the best of the best at serving everyone at your crowded table great food, good cheer, and a fun time. Plus, our banquet managers offer you personal attention during the planning process. They’re delighted to respond to special requests and happy to set up everything your way.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the idea of a holiday dinner with the family. Let a fun, festive Italian restaurant help, and you can relax and let your heart fill with the peace and joy of the season!
Don't forget to also visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans.Enjoy your week, Be thankful for your blessings both big and small, Love your family, and don't forget to play with your food!