Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is for dinner this week: October 2 - 8

Hi Everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful Fall week.  This week we tried to cook, but with DH's schedule it has been a little hard.  Sorry I don't have recipes for you for each day. 
  • Sunday:  Chicken Potstickers and Chicken Fried Rice 
    • I never got around to making the pork potstickers a few weeks ago, so I needed to use the wrappers that I put in the freezer...
    • TIPS: I used wonton wrappers instead and they worked great!   I used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage and worked fine.  This is a great way to get broccoli into people who don't like it, like me!  In the fried rice, we used low sodium soy sauce and we needed a bit more to get the typical flavor we were looking for.  Plus, next time I'll add some butter at the end of the fried rice cooking stage to get a more restaurant flavor.
  • Monday:  Pancakes
  • Tuesday: Steakhouse Pizza
    • This was good.   DH says it was tangypizzalicious. 
  • Wednesday:   Moms Chicken Noodles    
    • This was really good!
  • Thursday:  We picked up fried chicken from Kroger.
  • Friday: DH & I attended a cooking class at Cooking at the Cottage.  We learned how to make cranberry almond scones.  Spinach Artichoke Dip & Pasta Carbonara. 
  • Saturday: White Chicken Pizza from Target - it was very good!
Don't forget to also visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans. 
Enjoy your week, Be thankful for your blessings both big and small, Love your family, and don't forget to play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment