Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week Of: April 15th

  • Sunday: We ate Easter BBQ at my Mom's.  I made our favorite Poblano Potato Salad.  DH was hoping no one would eat it so he could have the leftovers.  Unfortunately, there was only 1 small spoonful left. My sister doesn't like mayo, so instead of the may I added an additional 1/4 cup of sour cream.
  • Monday: picked up food on the way home from St. Louis
  • Tuesday: Michael Symon's Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese and Rosemary with spinach salad.
    • This was delicious.  I think  next time I will leave the goat cheese out.  It seemed to heavy.  I used 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the heavy cream.  It took a little longer to reduce, but it was still worth it!
  • Wednesday: Maple-Bourbon Grilled Thick-Cut Pork Chops with baked sweet potatoes
    • Absolutely yummy delicious!
  • Thursday:  Turkey Burgers with sweet potato fries
  • Friday: Basic Pancakes with a twist....I separated the yolks & whites and then whipped the whites then folded in the whites.  This will be the way we make from now on!  Little Man ate 8 silver dollar pancakes.  This is the most he has ever eaten.  He asked for more, but there weren't any.  DH said these are the best he has eaten minus the crispy edges you get at restaurants.  
  • Saturday:  Grilled Chipotle-Rubbed Steaks with Lime Butter with garlic and caramelized onion mashed potatoes.  
    • This is yummy and will be added to our family favorites.  Thankfully, we only put the rub on 1 side of the steak.  
Don't forget to also visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans.  Enjoy your week, Be thankful for your blessings both big and small, Love your family, and don't forget to play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment