Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weeks of June 17th & 24th

Good Morning!    Sorry, this has been a crazy few weeks. My Little Man turned 4 on Friday.  We had a big party and family in from across the country (states:  NJ, MO, and CA).   I forgot to post last weekend and I even forgot what we ate a few nights.  I promise I will do better!!!! 


17th:
  • Sunday: Freezer Leftovers
  • Monday: I don't remember what we had...this seems so long ago! 
  • Tuesday: Hawaiian Turkey Burger with sweet potato fries
    • These were really good!  I didn't have teriyaki sauce sauce so I just added a tablespoon of honey.
  • Wednesday: Out to dinner with Nana
  • Thursday: Red Pepper Pesto Pasta with spinach salad
    • this is one of our favorite recipes!
  • Friday: Chicken Shawarma
  •  Well, I liked the chicken and not the sauce!  I think I've figured out I don't like tahini paste.  Hubs & MIL liked all of it! 
  • Saturday: I don't remember what we had...this seems so long ago!  


 24th:
  • Sunday: Steak which I seared in the cast iron skillet and finished in the oven.  Spinach salad and Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes.  Dessert of peanut butter cookie dough cheesecake.  
  • Monday: I don't remember what we had...this seems so long ago! 
  • Tuesday: Pork Chops and stuffing
  • Wednesday:  Spaghetti with French Bread
    • I was in the middle of making the sauce in the crockpot and the bottom of the crockpot cracked!  UG!  I lost carmalized onions and sauce.  Thankfully, no one was injured! 
  • Thursday:  Tacos
  • Friday: We ate pizza.  After the party we knew Andrew wouldn't be up to going out to dinner and I didn't want to cook!  So, I had it all planned to pick up Little Caesars for dinner.  It worked out GREAT! 
    • Bonus Recipes (from the party):
      • Gluten, Dairy & Egg-Free Chocolate Cake
        • We had a little man at the birthday party who can't have gluten, dairy and eggs so we found this yummy recipe and made train cakes for the kids.  He was also able to have the vanilla ice cream from Aldi's.  He was so surprised he could have everything the other kids had to eat. 
  • Saturday: We went to Chuys for dinner.  There was no way I wanted to be in my kitchen cooking for 11 people!!!

I hope you have a wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment