Notes: If you prefer crispy prosciutto, spread it out on a baking sheet and broil 4 minutes.
Serving Ideas: Merlot or Pinot Grigio wines will pair nicely with this dinner.
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1 jar oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves (7-ounce) drained and chopped
- 1 jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts (6-ounce) drained and chopped
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (2 ounces) divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel and chop bell pepper; place in a large bowl. Stir in olives, pesto, prosciutto, tomatoes, and artichokes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to bell pepper mixture, and toss gently to combine. Spoon about 1 cup pasta mixture into each of 6 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons remaining cheese and 2 teaspoons pine nuts.