Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week of May 20th


Welcome to another week!  I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!  My Boys took care of me very well!

  • Sunday: DH made pancakes and bacon for breakfast.  Then he made me pork chops and carrot risotto. Then topped Mother's Day off with a chocolate flourless chocolate cake! 
  • Monday: Burger and Brocolli slaw
  • Tuesday: LM requested to go to Chuys for dinner...it was yummy!
  • Wednesday: Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
    • this is so YUMMY delicious....it was also very easy!  We didn't put as much butter in as the recipe calls for, but I will have to say it brings a silkiness to the pasta dish.  Great way to have a healthy pasta meal without the tomato sauce!  I'll be adding this to our favorites page.  This would be one of those dishes to pull out of your back pocket when you have company coming over for dinner. You could have chicken, steak or fish with this or a no meat meal!  They will think you are a superstar in the kitchen!
  • Thursday: None  of us were very hungry so we had appetizers later in the evening...
  • Friday: Breakfast Enchiladas
    • So, as usual I'm modifying a recipe....DH doesn't like ham, so I used sausage...I also didn't buy hasbrowns, I just threw a potato into the food processor and wam bam thank you mam I have hashbrowns!  WOW, that was so hard....
  • Saturday: Went to dinner at Shack in the Back with Mimi and Big Popop 

    • Always a yummy treat...the meat is smoked for 14 hours and the sides are homemade.  The ribs fell off the bone.  The service is over the top even though they were very busy!  They were telling people it could be upwards of 45 wait for the food, but it sure wasn't.  They had a band there and it was very full, thankfully a nice couple allowed us to take over their table. 

I hope you have a wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment