Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Start to finish: 30 minutes
Serve with: Salad, Grilled Vegis, Poblano Potato Salad (see next recipe)
Internet Address: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/philly-burger-recipe/index.html
1. Shape 6 ounces of 80 percent lean ground beef chuck into a uniform patty, no more than 3/4 inch thick (don't overwork the meat). Make a depression in the center with your thumb so the burger won't bulge; the indent will rise as the patty cooks. Preheat a grill or cast-iron grill pan to high. Brush the burger with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, turning once (7 minutes for medium-rare). Avoid pressing with a spatula! Add cheese for the last minute of cooking.
2. Provolone: Oozy cheese makes this burger: Two slices of aged provolone are added during the last minute of grilling.
3. Hot Peppers: Bobby likes his Philly cheesesteaks with lots of pickled hot peppers, so he loads them on here, too.
4. Roasted Peppers : In place of classic griddled bell peppers, Bobby uses roasted red peppers, sliced into strips.
5. Onions: Bobby sautes thin rings of Spanish onion in canola oil until soft and golden to top off the burger.