Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 4th - March 10th

Hello Everyone.  I hope you all had a safe week and you safely made it through all of the wonderful "winter" weather we have had lately.  Last weekend we went to the Maple Festival, so there are a few items this week based on maple syrup.   We learned how to make maple syrup from The Sugarbush's Maple Festival.   

  • Sunday: Pancakes
    • We didn't have any AP flour, but little man was begging for pancakes so I used bread flour and it worked very well...we feel they were lighter than normal. 
  • Monday:  Went to Chuy's so DH could have the "hot" sauce that they only have on Mondays. 
  • Tuesday: Balsamic Maple Glazed Pork Chops
    • So, time was not on my side tonight....with that being said I pan seared the pork chops and glazed the chops with maple syrup.  It was yummy.  I hope you try the recipe listed.  I know I will be soon. 
  • Wednesday:BBQ Cheesy Chicken Aka Chili's Monterey Chicken
    • Alicia this one is for you!  These were yummy! 
  • Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas with black beans 
    • They were better than normal because I found a shop near the house that makes fresh corn tortillas at Super Corn Tortilleria (only open 4-7), 2 dozen for $1.25.  
  • Friday: We had Hing Wang's Chinese for dinner due to I was preparing for the tornadoes early in the day and we were in the basement most of the afternoon and some of the evening.  So, we decided on take out. 
  • Saturday: Pizza
Don't forget to also visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans. 
Enjoy your week, Be thankful for your blessings both big and small, Love your family, and don't forget to play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment