Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Start to finish: 45 minutes
Serving Suggestion: Crusty Bread, Salad
Notes: 1 serving = 1 cup, so you may want to double/triple recipe.
Internet Address: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Autumn-Chowder?cpi=2&sort=2
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium red potato, cubed
- 2 small carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the potato, carrot, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer. Combine the flour and cold water until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon.