Preparation Time: 5 minutes, Start to finish: 45 minutes
Note: This can be served as a vegetarian meal or you could always add any leftover meat (chicken, steak)
Internet Address: http://www.goya.com/english/recipes/Moros-y-Cristianos-Black-Beans-White-Rice
- 3 tsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp. GOYA Minced Garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. GOYA Oregano Leaf
- 1 can GOYA Black Beans (15.5 oz.)
- 1 GOYA Bay Leaf
- 1 cup CANILLA Extra Long Grain Rice
- 1 tsp. Goya White Distilled Vinegar
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, adobo, sugar and oregano, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer liquid from can black beans to measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. Add liquid and bay leaf to pot; bring liquid to boil. Stir in black beans and rice. Bring rice mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until rice absorbs water, about 25 minutes. Add vinegar; stir to combine.
- Remove rice from heat; let sit until rice is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Evenly divide rice among serving bowls; drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil.