Prep Time: 30 Min, Cook Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
Serving Suggestions: Mashed Potatoes, Risotto, Sweet Potatoes, Salad, Vegis
Source: All Recipes
- 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I'll use cream of chicken soup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs. Let sit about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. (Oil Test: if you place some breading in the pan, make sure the oil bubbles before putting chops in pan). Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. (Note: let chops fry for several minutes before turning, to insure your breading stays to the chops) Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.