Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Taco Thursday

I love Tacos...I was raised making tacos almost on a weekly basis...Granted I don't fry my own shells anymore, I still love to eat tacos!!!

Now, I tend to make tacos with shredded pork or chicken and sometimes it is with ground turkey, so much healthier, but still brings back fond memories.

Taco Meat Tip:  When seasoning, most packets say to wait till the meat has been cooked & drained.  I say, season while it is cooking then the seasoning will be more throughout the meat instead of just on the outside. The leaner the meat the less spice flavor you will lose when you drain the meat.

Toppings & Sides Options:
  • Onions
  • Cheese
  • Lettuce
  • Black Olives
  • Jalapenos
  • Tomatoes
  • Guacamole
  • Sour Cream
  • Salsa
  • Corn Salsa
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Black Beans
  • Refried Beans
  • Mexican Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment