Serving Suggestions: Roasted Fingerling Potatoes (see below) & roasted vegis
Source: Martha Stewart
- 4 boneless strip steaks (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt
- Place steaks in a large, shallow nonreactive dish. Slice 3 scallions into thin rounds, and combine with the remaining ingredients except the salt in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Pour marinade over steaks; cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature 40 minutes, turning steaks once.
- Heat grill or grill pan. Remove steaks from marinade, letting excess drip off, and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides generously with salt. Grill until they are well browned on the outside and cooked to desired doneness, or about 6 minutes on each side, for medium-rare. Transfer to a large serving platter; cover with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Grill remaining scallions, about 1 minute on each side, and serve with the steaks.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Seasoned Salt
Source: Martha StewartA copper gratin dish or cast-iron skillet is ideal for roasting potatoes, but a rimmed baking sheet works equally well. To ensure that the potatoes cook evenly, slice larger ones in half lengthwise and leave smaller ones whole.
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large ovenproof gratin dish or skillet in the oven 15 minutes. Combine salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Toss potatoes in a medium bowl with the olive oil. Sprinkle generously with seasoned-salt mixture, and arrange potatoes in a single layer in preheated pan. Roast until they are golden on the outside and tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve hot with additional seasoned salt on the side.