Start to finish: 15 minutes
Serving Suggestions: Alexia Sweet Potato Fries (coupon on website)
Source: Recipe courtesy Pat's King of Steaks
- 6 tablespoons Soya bean oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 24 ounces sliced rib eye or eye roll steak
- Cheese (store processed recommended), American or Provolone
- 4 crusty Italian Rolls
- Sweet green and red peppers, sauteed in oil (optional)
- Mushrooms sauteed in oil (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- Heat an iron skillet or a non-stick pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan and saute the onions to desired doneness. Remove the onions and add the remaining oil and saute the slices of meat quickly on both sides.
- Melt the cheez whiz in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Place 8 ounces of the meat into the rolls, add onions, and pour the store-processed cheese over top.
- Garnish with sweet peppers, mushrooms, ketchup.