Side Suggestions: A salad and side of egg noodles complement the fresh lemon and basil flavors or basil & garlic flavors will pair nicely with this guest friendly dish.
Source: Cooking Light
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to basil mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Combine 1/4 cup basil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.