Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 10 min
Serving Suggestions: Salad, Vegi Medley, Applesauce
Source: Paula Deen
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder, cocoa powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over pork chops.
- Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side. Put the skillet in oven and bake the pork chops until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve.