Total Time: 25 minutes
Source: Food Network
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, or other chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine ground espresso coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound shoulder center steak (Ranch Steak), or top sirloin, about 1 1/4-inch thick
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the rub and coat the steak well on both sides.
- Cook steak for 14 minutes, turning once, for medium to medium-rare.
- Allow steak to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.