I'd like to take a moment to say, I'm sorry. I had last weeks menu all ready to go and scheduled to post on Christmas Day, but it never posted. I had unique meals to use with leftover meats from your Christmas meal.
I hope you enjoy this weeks menu. We are looking forward to trying some new recipes!
In last weeks post I mentioned we were going to be eating at Mojitos Tapas and that I would review it. So, here you go. First and foremost whatever day you go there, call ahead. They don't take reservations and you must be there within 30 minutes of your call ahead reservation. Even with calling ahead we still had to wait, but only a few minutes. We went on a Wednesday and it was crazy busy! Thankfully, we were seated in the back room which was much quieter than the front area. The wait staff is somewhat slow. We spent $50 on the food and had the following:
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese) – Melted Spanish Tetilla cheese, topped with crispy chorizo and Serrano ham. Served with Blue Dog bread.
- 3 Meat Combo:
- 18 Month Reserve Serrano Ham
- Chorizo Los Palacios
- Piquillo Peppers – Spanish roasted sweet red peppers stuffed with goat cheese. Topped with crushed Marcona almonds and smoked honey. (These were our favorite!)
- Solomillo al Cabrales – Grilled beef tenderloin topped with Cabrales blue cheese, Spanish port reduction sauce served over roasted mashed potatoes.
- Raviolo – House made stuffed ravioli with ricotta, capriole goat cheese, chorizo, Serrano ham and marcona almonds. Topped with tomato confit and Manchego cheese.
- Churros con Chocolate - House made Cuban style doughnuts served with chocolate for dipping.
- Cajeta- Goat’s Milk dulce de leche Ice Cream