Serves: 8-10, can be cut in 1/2, use a 9" pan instead of the 12"
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 C Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 oz. Asiago cheese, cut into 1/2
- 3 oz. Provolone cheese, cut into 1/2
- 1 tsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 breakfast sausages
- 1 C thinly sliced green onions, white and green portion (I did not do 1 full cup)
- 1/4 C finely diced roasted red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (or sprinkle some dried thyme)
1. Lightly whisk eggs; whisk in pepper and cheeses. Set aside. In deep half of frittata pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tsp oil. Add sausages - cook until browned, ~ 5 mins. Transfer to small bowl; discard all but 1 tsp fat in pan.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add green onions and bell pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Stire in garlic and thyme - cook 30 sec. Add sausages and egg mixture - cook, using rubber spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook until eggs begin to set, about 4 minutes more.
3. Set shallow half of frittata pan over medium-low eat; brush lightly with oil. Place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan. Flip frittata into shallow pan. cook, covered, until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Shake pan to loosen frittata and slide onto serving plate (we ate it straight out of the pan).