Preparation Time: 20 minutes, Start to finish: 40 minutes
Side Dish: Salad
Internet Address: http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/western-steak-skillet-143380
1 package Rice-A-Roni® Beef flavor
1 pound ground beef or cooked flank steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 tablespoons margarine or butter, divided
2 1/2 cups water
1 jar roasted bell peppers (7 ounce) drained and coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons Italian herb blend seasoning
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional) (2 to 3)
1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef; drain and set aside in bowl. (Delete this step if using cooked flank steak.)
2. Sauté rice-vermicelli mix with margarine over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in water, roasted peppers, seasoning mix and Italian herb blend. Cover, simmer 15-20 min. or until rice is tender.
4. While rice mixture cooks, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine over medium-high heat in skillet used for beef. Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 12-13 min.
5. Uncover rice mixture and stir in beef and onions. Top with cheese and parsley, if desired. Let sit 2-3 min. to warm through and melt cheese.