Serving Suggestions: Syrah or Pinot Noir wine
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed flank steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat broiler.
- Pat steak dry. Stir together 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, coriander, and pepper in a small bowl and rub mixture onto both sides of steak. Broil steak on a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with motor running, add garlic to a food processor and finely chop. Add cilantro, parsley, vinegar, oil, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pulse until herbs are finely chopped.
- Holding a knife at a 45-degree angle, thinly slice steak. Serve with sauce.