Source: Cheeky Kitchen
FOR THE PANINI:
- 1/2 pound thickly carved oven-roasted turkey breast
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1/4 cup homemade Lemon Pesto Mayonnaise
- 4 ciabatta rolls or 8 thick slices of french bread
FOR THE EASY LEMON PESTO MAYONNAISE:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 tablespoons pine nuts or raw walnuts
- juice of 1/4 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan or asagio cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Your favorite toppings from this list (optional): tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, asparagus spears, artichoke hearts, fresh spinach leaves. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise on the rolls. Between the rolls (or between two slices of french bread), layer the turkey, two bacon slices, and any (or non) of your favorite toppings. Lightly butter the top and bottom of each roll. Cook in a panini press, or grill as you would grilled cheese on a standard skillet, heated to medium heat.
FOR THE LEMON PESTO MAYONNAISE:
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender. Blend until pureed.