Suggestions: Salad & crusty bread
Source: Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel tomatoes, or tomatoes with green chilies
- ½ cup cream
- 1 lb penne pasta ( I used gluten free)
- 2 cups shredded, colby jack cheese ( you could use just about any cheese for this)
- In a large pan cook sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and the onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, cream, and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pan. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted, and serve.