Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Start to finish: Overnight
2 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
12 ounces sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, slightly beaten
4 Heath candy bars (1.4 oz each), chopped
1 Dark chocolate candy bar (1.4 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a greased 9 in spring form pan on a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Securely wrap foil around
3. In small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into bottom and 1 inch up the sides of
prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chips and cream, stir until smooth.
5. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in teh sour cream, vanilla and salt;
gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
7. Pour into crust. Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1 1/2 in of hot water to larger baking
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove spring
form pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Heath bars.
9. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
10. Refrigerate overnight.
11. Chop dark chocolate candy bar; melt in a microwave and stir until smooth.
12. Drizzle over cheesecake.