Preparation Time: 25 hours 25 minutes
Internet Address: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Flank-Steak-Sandwiches
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
4 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 French rolls, split
1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, wine or broth, soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic, mustard and ginger. Pour 1-3/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Pour remaining marinade into another resealable plastic bag; add the peppers and onion. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
3. Drain and discard marinade from vegetables. Place in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 9-11 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
4. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, and remaining oil and garlic; brush over cut sides of rolls. Place cut side down on grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on bun bottoms. Top with vegetables and bun tops. Serve immediately.