Wild Rice Stuffed Steaks
6 1/4 ounces wild rice, fast cooking
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
6 beef top loin steak
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1. Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
2. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks.
Garlicky Grean Beans
1 pound green beans, topped/tailed
2 tablespoons butter
1 fine chopped garlic clove
fresh ground pepper
1. Boil beans ahead of time then reheat in the garlic/butter mixture. Always run cold water over green vegetables to stop the cooking. This also helps them retain their colour.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on high heat. Add beans and boil until crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes. Alternately, steam beans for about 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
3. Drain beans and refresh under cold running water.
4. Heat butter and garlic together in skillet on medium heat. Toss in beans and saute until beans are hot and coated with mixture. Season with salt and pepper.