All American Pizza
Yield: 2 (12-inch pies)
Source: Fleischmann's Yeast
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 package Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon spaghetti sauce seasoning
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni or salami
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, well drained
2 2-ounce jars sliced pimientos, well drained
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Set aside 1 cup all-purpose flour. In large bowl, mix remaining flours, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water and oil until hot to touch (125 to 130ºF); stir into dry mixture. Mix in enough reserved flour to make stiff dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
2. In small bowl, combine tomato paste, water and spaghetti sauce seasoning.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll and stretch each to a 13-inch circle. Place on 2 (12-inch) round pizza pans or 2 baking sheets, greased and sprinkled with cornmeal. Shape edge into standing rim of dough.
4. Spread sauce and toppings on pizzas, dividing evenly. Bake at 450ºF for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cut into wedges to serve.
BROWN 'N SERVE PIZZA
Prebake crust (without sauce or toppings) in 450ºF oven for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
After prebaking, wrap crust airtight and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 4 to 6 weeks.
To bake: thaw frozen crust at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Spread with sauce and toppings and bake at 450ºF for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
1 pound penne or rotini, etc. pasta, uncooked
12 ounces roasted peppers strips
12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
1 cup diced muenster, or brick, or provolone cheese, etc.
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
2/3 cup lowfat caesar or italian salad dressing
freshly ground pepper
sliced pepperoncini peppers
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, combine pepper strips, artichoke hearts, cheese, mushrooms, onion and basil in a large bowl.
3. When pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and add pasta and dressing to bowl; toss well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.