Polynesian Turkey Thighs
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Source: BC Turkey Marketing Board
1 pound boneless, skinless turkey thighs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 14-ounce can pineapple chunks (reserve juice from it)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Cut turkey into strips approximately 2" × 1/2". Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Heat oil on medium-high in a non-stick skillet. Place turkey in skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, until meat is browned on both sides.
3. Transfer turkey to a casserole dish. Scatter green pepper and pineapple over top. Set aside.
4. Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, paprika and nutmeg to skillet. Heat over medium heat to dissolve sugar and mix spices.
5. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch. Add to skillet stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Pour over mixture in casserole dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Polynesian Sweet Potatoes
Preparation Time: 5 hours
Start to finish: 40 hours
3 each sweet potato, washed
1/4 cup butter
1. Wash sweet potatoes and place in baking sheet pans.
2. Bake potatoes for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Remove from oven and brush butter onto potatoes. Cut into bite sizes, place in small serving pan.