BBQ Flank Steaks
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 flank steaks
1. Whisk together first 8 ingredient in bowl to make basting sauce place flank steaks in shallow pan (flank steaks are best if they are tenderized first).
2. Pour sauce over steaks covering them well cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Remove steaks from basting sauce and cook them over grill for about 3-5 min per side baste with additional sauce as desired.
Baked BBQ Corn
6 ears of corn, with husks
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of black pepper
2 tablespoons water
1. Pull husks carefully from corn so that husk remains attached to the bottom of corn ear. Remove silk from corn.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan, add seasonings and stir. Brush butter mixture on ear of corn.
3. Pull corn husk up to cover corn and tie with string. Place in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish, sprinkle with water, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Grilled Barbecued Corn: Prepare corn as above to the point of placing corn in the baking dish. Instead place corn directly on the grill over a medium hot charcoal fire. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every few minutes. Remove husk which will be brown and dry before serving.
Layerd Fruit Salad
2 cups fresh peach slices or (16 oz. canned sliced peaches, drained)
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh strawberry slices
2 cups fresh green grapes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. In a large glass bowl layer fruit in order given.
2. In a separate bowl mix cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon rind.
3. In another bowl whip cream just until peaks form; add powdered sugar and whip to stiff peaks. Fold cream cheese mixture and whipped cream mixture together.
4. Spread over fruit and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately or store, covered, in refrigerator.